Wade King PTA
2019 Snowflake Drive Ends December 10th
Each year, the Wade King Help and Hope Committee, sponsored by our PTA, puts together a Snowflake Drive to help families with both holiday gifts and basic needs.
To participate, please sign up online.
To create a collaborative partnership between the students, their families, and the staff of Wade King Elementary, an International Baccalaureate world school, to help all children reach their full potential and to
- support the academic learning through the primary years program (PYP) model for all students
- enrich the school experience for all students
- connect our school with our families and our community
- provide special events and programs
- support our teachers and staff
- advocate for educational excellence in our district
- advocate for educational support in our state and nation
The IB offers an education for students from age 3 to 19, comprising of four programmes that focus on teaching students to think critically and independently, and how to inquire with care and logic. The IB prepares students to succeed in a world where facts and fiction merge in the news, and where asking the right questions is a crucial skill that will allow them to flourish long after they’ve left our programmes. We are supported by IB teachers and coordinators who develop and promote the IB’s curriculums in almost 5,000 schools globally every day, in over 150 countries around the world. You can learn more about the IB program at: https://www.ibo.org/about-the-ib/
Each year Wade King Elementary does something different from other IB schools as it chooses a country to learn about throughout the year with our motto being: "Developing children who will change the world." At the end of every school year there is a big culminating celebration, the World Tour, which focuses on a lot of the learning that was done with games, arts and crafts, food, songs, stories, and facts that have all been learned about the country. This year our wolf pack will be learning all about Ethiopia!
Mission and Vision
Welcome to Wade King Elementary School. Our school aims to develop knowledgeable, skilled, compassionate, principled, and action-oriented young people through a rigorous program of inquiry. King students become internationally-minded individuals who help create a better world.
Wade King Elementary is a learning community of adults and children. We offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. Building upon the understanding of their own cultures, community members acquire a second language and gain a deeper understanding and respect for other cultures and global interactions. Learners apply and use their skills and knowledge through six transdisciplinary themes of inquiry and take meaningful action on their new learning.
- All are welcome here and add value to our learning community.
- Student growth is a shared responsibility across school, home and community members.
- People respond to high individualized expectations for learning and behaving.
- Modeling and demonstration are powerful influences on learning.
- We are curious and want to learn about our world.
- Inquiry empowers learners to take action.
- Courageous learners embrace mistakes as a natural part of growth and the learning process.
- Resiliency, perseverance, and collaboration are necessary skills in our rapidly globalizing world.
Developing children who will change the world.
Wade King School is located in Bellingham, Washington, a community of about 80,000 people located 90 miles north of Seattle and approximately 20 miles south of the Canadian border. Our spectacular school, built in 2008, is winning green points for its use of natural lighting!
Follow us on Instagram @wade_king_pta