Open PTA Positions
1. Produce the Globe Trot annual event with support from volunteers or committee
2. Be aware and engage where possible with the other fundraising events: Dessert auction, Corporate proceeds (Fred Meyer and Amazon), Village book night
- Schoolastic Bookfair
Help set up/take down displays during the Book Fair (late fall/early winter). Work morning and/or afternoon cashier shifts, also evening shifts during conferences.
- After School Programs
Coordinate the after-school activities calendar. Decide which classes we offer and support parents and vendors using the 6crickets registration tool.
- Winter King Night
Put on the Winter King Night with the help of volunteers or committee
Keep our membership and organization abreast of the state and national PTA legislative priorities and positions. What issues and legislation are being support by our PTA dollars? How can we make a difference at the political level? Be an information disseminator or an active participant travelling down to Olympia—your choice! Elected by the membership, this standing committee of 2-3 people identifies potential candidates for the positions of Co-President, Vice President(s), Co-Treasurers, and Secretary. The slate of nominees is presented and voted on at the spring general membership meeting. If you are a great networker, have a knack for spotting talent and want to help ensure a strong PTA organization, please volunteer to serve on the nominating committee.
- Nominating Committee
Elected by the membership, this standing committee of 2-3 people identifies potential candidates for the positions of Co-President, Vice President(s), Co-Treasurers, and Secretary. The slate of nominees is presented and voted on at the spring general membership meeting. If you are a great networker, have a knack for spotting talent and want to help ensure a strong PTA organization, please volunteer to serve on the nominating committee.
- Procuring Donations
Request and solicit donated items from families and local businesses for various events throughout the year.
- World Tour
Work with other parents to throw our biggest party of the year. A year-end celebration themed around an international destination. Includes a meal, talent displays, photos, treats, games, and more. Many jobs, big and small—grab a friend, join the team and have fun!
- Golden Acorn Award
Solicit nominees for the Golden Acorn Award, a national PTA program recognizing outstanding service to all children in the school community…not just an individual who has donated time to help in his/her child’s class or a staff member who is doing a good job. It is to recognize volunteer service “above and beyond” a particular job description.
- PTA Audit
Review the PTA financial and legal documents against a prepared checklist (provided by the State PTA office) for compliance with regulations, policies and best practices. Identify any required amendments and recommend improvements. A working knowledge of finances and PTA practices is useful, but not required.
Parents Advisory Committee to the Superintendent. Attend monthly meetings of the Parents' Advisory Committee to the Superintendent, a body connecting parent representatives from all the schools in the district with central services, the Superintendent and the Board. A wealth of information to be gained, a power voice to be given, worthwhile information to be shared. If you want to be an active community advocate for our school and education in our community, this might be the place for you! See committee goals and guidelines under Forms. This committee meets once a month at Roder. The 2019-2020 dates have not yet been announced.
- Vice President
1. Act as an initial contact for interested groups, facilitate initiation of new programs based on parent demand and PTA/School approval,
2. Act as liaison between PTA, program chairs, parent coordinators and the school administration, help coordinate activity dates, times/rooms, ensure program adherence to school & PTA policy; Be aware of the bi-laws and legal aspects of PTA to keep PTA on track
3. Deliver information to Comms manager and Principle to ensure scheduling update are included in Newsletter/Website/FB editors to be disseminated to the membership and school community
- Volunteer Coordinator
1. Engage and recruit volunteers
2. Maintain volunteer database
3. Support PTA leads in their efforts to obtain volunteers
4. Coordinate Classroom Volunteers